Yahoo mail is one of the famous mail services widely used by people all around the world. It increases its popularity for its advanced spam filters, user-friendly interface, two-step verification, and other beautiful features. Yahoo mail error 18 is one of the most common error that most of the users have encountered while using the Yahoo mail. Generally, this issue occurs when the internet connection is in the problem or any other technical glitches occurs in Yahoo Mail. Many users have reported that they cannot open the Yahoo inbox when they receive the error message 18 on their screen. After seeing this error code on their system, they get frustrate and fail to complete their important work.
If you are facing this similar issue, then read this article carefully. In this article, you will get several solutions to overcome Yahoo error 18 on your system. However, first, you have to know what are the reasons which cause this issue.
Casus of Yahoo Mail Error 18:
Take a look at most common reasons behind the occurence of the Yahoo error 18 on your system. Below, we have listed some of the reasons that you should know. Check out…
- You see this error message on your screen if your OS is outdated.
- If your system is fully infected due to the malware infection or viruses.
- Sometimes if you do not update the browser, it can cause Yahoo error 18.
- Moreover, if the registry files are corrupted, then you may face this error code on your screen.
- Furthermore, when you do not clear the cache on your system, you can also see this issue on your screen.
These are some of the common reasons why you see this error message on your screen while using the Yahoo mail. Now, we are going to discuss some easier solution to resolve this error message from the Yahoo mail.
Excellent Solutions to Troubleshoot Yahoo Mail Error 18
Now we are going to share some of the easy and effective solutions to eliminate the Yahoo mail error 18 on your screen. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Solution 1 – Restart your System
Sometimes, restarting your system can resolve this error from your system. So firstly, you can restart your system and then check whether the problem persists or not. If yes, then you can move on to the next one.
Solution 2 – Update the System
If you are not updated your system from time to time, then you can see theYahoo mail error 18 on your screen. So firstly, you need to check whether the update is available or not. To complete performing this solution, follow the on-screen instructions correctly:
- Press the Windows Home key and I key to open the Settings window. Alternatively, open the Search box, type Settings and then hit the Enter button.
- When the Settings window opens, go to the Update and Security section.
- In the Update and Security tab, move the cursor to the Update tab, select it.
- Click on the Check for updates option.
- If the update is available, click on the Update option.
- Once it is done, restart your system. After restarting your system check if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 3 – Update the Browser
By updating the browser can resolve the Yahoo error 18 on your PC. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open the Browser window.
- When the Browser window opens, go to the Menu section.
- In the menu list, click on the Help option.
- In that section, you need to find out if there is any latest version of the browser available or not.
- If Yes, click on the Update option. Now, you will find the update process has started.
- Once it completes, reboot your system.
Solution 4 – Check the Internet Connection
Sometimes, if your internet connection is poor can also see this error code on your system while checking your Yahoo mail. So firstly, check the internet connection which properly connected or not. If you are using the WIfi and face this problem, then you need to connect your system to the Ethernet cable. After doing this, check whether the Yahoo mail opens without any error.
Solution 5 – Scan your System
You need to run a full scan on your system. You can use the SFC tool to scan your device. To do so, follow the directions mentioned below:
- Press the Win +X key to open the menu list. Choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option. Alternatively, go to the Search box, type cmd and then right-click on it. Select the Run as administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type SFC/scannow and then hit the Enter button to run this command.
- Once it is executed, restart your system.
Solution 6 – Perform the System Restore
An alternative solution that you can use to fix the Yahoo mail error 18 is by performing the system restore. Follow the undermentioned steps:
- Click on the Start button to open the list.
- Go to the Computer, right click on it.
- Select the Properties option.
- In the Control Panel window, click on the Protection section from the left side panel.
- Now you can see the System Properties window opens. After that, move the cursor to the Protection section, select it.
- Click on the System Restore option.
- Then, click on the OK button to restore your system.
Solution 7 – Clear the Cache Data
Clearing the cache data improves the performance of your web browser. Sometimes, these cache data can be a valid reason for the occurence of this issue on your device. In your case, if this is the reason, then you need to clear the cache data. If you are using Google Chrome, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Google Chrome application.
- In the Google Chrome window, go to the Menu section.
- Click on the More Tools section to open the list and then click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- In the next window, you can see the Settings window opens, move the cursor to the Obliterate the following items from’ option, select it to open the drop-down menu list.
- Click on the ‘beginning of time’ option. Now, you can select all ‘cached images and files’.
- After choosing those files, click on the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
- Restart your system.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox, follow the directions given below:
- Double click on the Mozilla Firefox icon to open it.
- In the Mozilla Firefox window, go to the Tools section.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- In that section, click on the History tab and select the ‘Clear your recent history’ option.
- Now, select all the files under the Time range to clear menu list.
- Choose the cache and cookies and then click on the Clear Now option.
- After doing this, restart your PC. If you are still dealing with this issue, then move to the next method.
Solution 8 – Sign Out your Yahoo Mail
After doing the previous solutions if the problem still persists, then you need to use this solution to overcome the Yahoo mail error 18 from your system. This is a very easy solution. When you see this error on your screen, you can simply sign out your account and then again sign in after waiting for a few seconds.
Solution 9 – Uninstall the Antivirus
An alternative solution that you can use on your PC to resolve this issue is to uninstall the antivirus application. Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Click on the Start button to launch the menu list. Select the Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window opens, navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- In that section, scroll down the page and find the third party application, right-click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Once it is done, reboot your system.
Solution 10 – Update the Device Driver
By updating the device driver, you can also solve the Yahoo mail error 18 on your system. Follow the steps:
- Go to the Search box, type Device Manager and hit the Enter button.
- In the Device Manager window, locate the device driver and right-click on it.
- Click on the Update Software Driver option.
- If the update is available, then click on the Update option.
- Once it completes, open the Yahoo mail and check if the problem is resolved.
These are the solutions that we have provided to eliminate the Yahoo mail error 18 on your system. With the help of these solutions, you can easily remove this error from your device. In case, if you still face any problem, then you can take an expert help to get rid of this error.